Thursday, January 13, 2011

Abortion

Bring here in Fresno, California has been SO nice.  Nice....or, shall I say "good for the soul" because I have the privilege of being around my beautiful nieces and nephews.  Being around babies, toddlers, and kids "humanizes" everyone around...I think.  

Their joyful shouts and boundless energy makes me SMILE....and also bring real joy (which is based on gratitude)

Which is why when I read this article...I was startled:

"The New York Times reported January 6, 2011 that the abortion rate in New York City is about 40 percent of all pregnancies. That means that no less than four out of every ten pregnancies in that city are terminated by abortion. That statistic is horrific, leading a group of New York religious leaders to describe the abortion rate as “chilling.”

It makes me consider these words in Proverbs 24:11-12


Rescue the perishing; 
   don't hesitate to step in and help.
If you say, "Hey, that's none of my business," 
   will that get you off the hook?
Someone is watching you closely, you know— 
   Someone not impressed with weak excuses.


And so with Habakkuk (3:2) I pray these words this evening


LORD, I have heard of your fame; 
   I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. 
Repeat them in our day, 
   in our time make them known; 
   in wrath remember mercy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes not being brought into this world is the best that could be done for everyone.

Anonymous said...

That's one way to think about it...and I can see how in certain instances that could feel true...but another thing to consider may be to suggest that what's "best" for everyone is trumped by what's best for the baby when it's life or death is on the line

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like