Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elizabeth teaches me about God

Captivated by the presence of my daughter, I adjusted my rear-view mirror to see her in her car seat.   She was staring outside her window, with a thinking face.

I watched as Newton's law of universal gravitation took effect on her eyelids as they slowly fell from her eyebrows to her cheeks....

But then something unexpected.... It only lasted a split second....but I saw it

a tiny smile shaped her lips

and then she was asleep.


Why did she smile, for that tiny second?  I'd like to think because she recognized that she lacked nothing because she was comfortable and safe.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing" Psalm 23:1


"He will cover you with his feathers.  He will shelter you with his wings.  His faithful promises are your armor and protection." Psalm 91:4


Lord Jesus....may it be with me as it was with my daughter.  Lacking nothing knowing I am with you.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like