Thursday, July 5, 2012

Half Ironman....and I'M SICK AS A DOG!



Life is funny.  I trained 10 months for a 5 hour 30 minute race. I worked hard....early mornings, ran and cycled when it was raining/snowing/sleeting....and trained in pretty much every type of precipitation that can come out of the Vancouver sky.

....and 2 weeks before the big day:  A nasty bout of bronchitis.

Cruel.

But here are 5 Reasons why I am NOT upset about being sick before my Half Ironman triathlon this Sunday:

  1. I put in a lot of hard hours in the pool/ocean swim, on the bike, and on the runs.  I feel good about that.  I am prepared.
  2. My goal  was to use this half ironman as a test run for our full ironman, scheduled for June 2013 (Ironman Coeur D' Alene).
  3. If I can complete 70.3 miles swimming/biking/running with compromised lungs, headaches, coughing fits, and plugged sinuses.....I can do anything.  
  4. If I have to take a DNF (Did Not Finish) because my body just wont cooperate, at least I'll DNF having tried (good life lesson there, eh?)
  5. Heidi still thinks sick triathletes are hot...and I'm pretty sure I am going to be the sickest one there....making me, undeniably, the hottest. 
These are still, good days....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TҺɑnk you for the auspicioսs writeup. It in fact was
a amusement accοunt it. Look аdvanced to far added agreeable from you!
Howevеr, how could աe communicate?

Alsߋ visit my website; driver booster

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I do believe yοur web site may be having internet browser cоmpatibility
problems. When I look att your web sige in Safari, it lkoks
fіne but when opening in IE, it hhas some
overlapping issues. I juszt wаnted to provide you with a quick
heaxs up! BesiԀes that, excellent website!

My web page doo mаle extra pills work - http://www.pgs-nn.ru/faq/618547
-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like