Monday, January 5, 2015

5 Days Left - Last Minute Details & Surprises


We have been packing for 9 weeks.  Yes. We are very organized people.  But there is no way to avoid the last minute rush….or is there? (someone enlighten me!!!)

We are maxed out -- transferring our banking, exporting/importing our car, car insurance for getting down there, health insurance to protect us until we can get on US insurance, repositioning all of our giving to dozens of individuals to auto deduct from U.S. based accounts, packing, protecting furniture for travel, doing all the customs requirements (among which is:  providing a list of EVERY SINGLE THING we are taking over the boarder and it's approximate value), …..i could go on. 


Yet, I must say, that amidst the rush….we are still aware of how the Lord is using people around us to encourage us.  


Like, a woman named Nancy who called us the other day saying, "Joe and Heidi, I just want to tell you that the Lord has really layed you on my heart.  You guys are on my mind when I wake up and the last thing I am thinking about before I go to bed.  I was praying for you the other day and I feel the need to tell you that I felt the Lord's excitement for you.  I wanted to tell you that He is excited for you."


We needed that.  God is excited for us?

He celebrates and sings
    because of you (Zephaniah 3:17B) 

Or a woman named A.J. who got in touch with us recently from Fresno.  We haven't spoken in years but she felt compelled to write: "If I can be of help to you and Heidi in cleaning and prepping your home for the move-in, please let me know."

….an unexpected partner in our transition -- A friendly face saying, "I am here to help you".  That means the world to us.  It sounds a lot like Jesus.  


We are maxed out….but we are loved….and that's making all the difference.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like