Thursday, March 5, 2015

Palms and Prayers



As we walk through our neighborhood we see that our streets are lined with very tall Palm trees. Whenever I see them, I find myself praying, "Lord, raise up new Jesus followers to stand tall like these trees." For me, every palm is a prayer.

But Praying is easy….waiting is hard.

I love palm trees because Palm trees bend they don't break.  When I pray for new Jesus followers to rise up like those Palms, I am praying for durable Christ followers who won't break under the pressure of their culture to conform to its ideology, its morality, and its "wisdom."  I pray that they will face the storm and bend, like Jesus did as he washed his disciples feet... and not break, like Jesus did not break when confronted with death.  

Every palm is a prayer and I want God to answer my prayers.  Soon.    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like