Friday, March 19, 2010

Running postpartum

Well, it's official. I'm within 2 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay! But, it's of little consolation because my core is still weak sauce and there's that stretchy, flabby skin that won't easily go away. That's the real battle.

I'm starting to feel a bit better about my body postpartum. To those men out there, that might sound weird, but for us gals who've had babies...you know what I'm talking about.

Getting back into shape hasn't been all that hard. Well, the exercise hasn't been all that hard. Running, sweating, rock climbing, sweating, long walks, kinda sweating....it's not all that difficult. What's difficult is getting out the door!

But, most days we get out of the door, Elizabeth and I. She's strapped into our Chariot, I'm strapped into my running shoes, and off we go.

We run by the beach to feel the wind in our hair. Rain or shine, running is always good for our relationship. She sleeps, I talk to God. We're better at being mom and daughter when we do that.

As Joe always says...

good times.

4 comments:

Kristi Lloyd said...

First of all, congrats on your weight - that's fantastic! Second, any woman would kill for your body! And third, I haven't even had a baby and I have that stretchy, flabby nonsense myself (I know you know what I'm talking about!)... Love you like a fat kid loves cake sistah sistah.
<3,
K

heidi.janeen.white@gmail.com said...

haha. this made be lol. Best comment of the day! Cake sounds good too ...

Joy Joy said...

Sounds like you are really getting after it! Nice work, girl!

Becky @ beckykeife.com said...

A mother's bodily sarcifice is definitely not just a 9-month thing! After having a baby you have to go after the best "new" you. And you're doing great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like