Monday, March 22, 2010

Walk to notice something

We have a game that we play

We play it when we go hiking...but today, I played it alone.

The game is called, "notice something". The goal is to pay attention to detail...to see something that catches your attention...and then think about it. You can see big things or little things and think about "deep things" or "silly things"...but the point is to notice something and reflect.

Here's what I noticed today...(scroll over hyperlink)


I've walked under this tree probably 100 times
Today, I noticed the joy I felt when a petal landed on my head as I slowly walked underneath (Psalm 133:3)

This tree puts its roots deep in the sea shore
I noticed how shallow my roots in God feel sometimes (Luke 8:13)

I dug my toes in the sand and watched the ocean
I noticed how amazing it is that God would notice me in a universe so huge (Psalm 8:4)

So...my advice for you today...go play the game!
Go on a walk and notice something!

Acts 17:28

3 comments:

Neil P said...

I am thinking that when a pedal lands on your head it really should attract your attention!! I trust that the bike was not attached!!

joseph.david.white@gmail.com said...

Neil,

apparently, I never passed first grade spelling. ha. oops. :)

Vanessa Smith said...

Love it. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement brother. Hug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like