Thursday, December 2, 2010

My life lesson...

I was sitting on the couch, doing work on my laptop.  Elizabeth crawled up to my feet placed her hands on my shins and worked her way up to my knees.  Now standing up, she stretched her arms up high towards me and made that desperate sound that babies make when they want to be picked up.

But I was busy.  So I glanced in her direction and then went back to my work.

She quietly put her arms down and got distracted by something and crawled away and then the thought popped in my head:  "you missed the moment"

My daughter wanted me to pick her up, hug her, smile, make her giggle.  She wanted to connect with me and I wanted to work.

You know...God's not like that.  When we stretch out to Him...He stretches back.  He's not to busy, to tired, to distracted, to uninterested to embrace us.  Every time.

James 4:8a says, "Come close to God, and God will come close to you" 

I missed the moment but God won't miss it with me.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like