Hey blog readers, it's Heidi here. Joe and I were talking the other day (yes, we do that sometimes) and we were asking, "What are the things I know my spouse likes that others probably don't know about him/her."
So today...here are the things Joe likes that I suspect many people don't know. Next Monday, he will answer the question for me.
Stuff Joe likes that others probably don't know:
- Joe likes cars (he likes working on them, learning about them, and looking at them...especially when he's driving)
- Joe likes reading adventure and theology books. I've tried to get him to read other things....but he pretty much sticks to these two genres. There's the occasional exception when I can hook him with a young adult novel or kid's book. :)
- Joe likes learning about the most random things. I call him an "info junkie." Like this morning when I found him on YouTube learning how to use magnets to speed up the revolutions of a motorized toothbrush -- not that he'd do it (we don't even own that kind of toothbrush!) -- but he's just really curious about, well, magnets and toothbrushes and other random pieces of information.
- Joe likes waking up to a good cup of java. Nothing makes him happier in the morning than coming out to the living room with Peet's Decaf House Blend (yes, he still only drinks decaf)
- Joe likes following mixed martial arts and boxing. He's interested in the techniques the athletes bring to the competition. I've never been a fan of sports that involve boxing, jujitsu, wresting, etc. but I have to admit there have been certain match-ups that have caught me sitting on the edge of my seat to see how it would end.
-Joe likes certain sports teams. Basketball - the Bulls. Baseball - the Dodgers. Football - 49ers. Hockey - the Canucks. He's not the pay-attention-to-every-last-stat and watch-games-on-the-weekend kind of guy, but he does keep up with his teams to a certain degree -- especially when it comes to the Dodgers. He left the dark side (i.e. the Giants) when we started dating (I come from a family of hard-core Dodger fans).
OK, well that's a good start. Up next week, Joe will do the same for me!
-Joe likes hats...and loves wearing the ones he's had for 15 years and never washed. I thought I was doing him a favor once by washing one of those hats...he nearly had a mental breakdown when he found out. I sure learned my lesson!
But one question before I go, blog readers: what are the things that you like that your friends would be surprised to know?