Thursday, April 14, 2011

Overwhelmed...

Obviously, this is not my dad's blog...but I think it's important that my readers see this as a follow up post to yesterday's blog about his work in Manila, Philippines.  Here's a recent update from him:   

I worry if I keep sharing things like I saw today, scavengers racing to the back of a dump truck to pick through for recyclables, tires being burnt in piles across a mountain of trash, black plumes rising like some scene from Desert Storm, so the scavengers can extract the wires, children breathing it all in, will people get tired of reading? Too depressing? Overwhelming? But what if there was a church in the midst of it all, faithfully serving, starting alternate forms of income generation? I hope you'll stay in it with me. We can't afford to be overwhelmed. Not while people live like this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like