Thursday, September 26, 2013

Elizabeth's Question

I caught her staring at me the other day.
She was thinking about something.
You can always tell someone is thinking about something when their eyes look through you.

She was looking through me.
Finally, she let her lips catch up to her thoughts.

She broke the silence.
She asked, "Daddy....do you love mommy?"

Did she wonder because I had been unloving?
Did she wonder because I hadn't told Heidi I loved her that day?

....or maybe she knows I love her and wanted to make sure I loved mommy too.

"Yes, Elizabeth. I love mommy....just as much as I love you."

She didn't respond -- this time her lips were far behind her thoughts...and they'd never catch up.
But it didn't matter...because her face said everything:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like