Monday, September 30, 2013

Run Report - My hardest run ever

This morning I had the hardest run I've ever had in my life. 
It was a perfect storm:
20 miles in the rain, strong head wind (30km/h), cold, alone, not enough water (i.e. painful cramping), and underdressed for the conditions.

Now...don't get me wrong.
I've had many hard runs.....
This was painful.
My hardest to date.

It was hardest because for over 3 hours I suffered.  Really suffered. 
Mentally and physically...
At some point it stopped getting worse because it couldn't get any worse.

By the end I felt emotionally drained...and in the car on the drive home I caught myself staring off into space without blinking....like you'd expect from someone who just witnessed a horrific crime.


Now as I sit here, in the comfort of home....I am SO THANKFUL I had this experience.  I am thankful because it forced me look inside myself to find out what's really there.  You see, I can push my body....I know that about myself -- that's easy.  Today was hard because I pushed beyond what my mind would accept is possible for me. 

Today, at mile 19.99 of 20.00 my brain was not the same brain I started with.  This "perfect storm" had taken me to deeper waters mentally and physically than I ever had before.  Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations".... Today I found my limits, and exceeded them.

I am so thankful for this mornings run.  
I think I better understand Romans 5:3-4:
"we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope...."    


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In order to cope in a very fast-paced market, new applications are required.
Investors are there to help you the entrepreneur and to get a make money
from their investment from the entrepreneurs company.

ll have the practical guidance you may need on how to begin a concierge business''.


Feel free to surf to my blog :: http://www.backpackingpilipinas.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like