Saturday, January 6, 2018

Today is my 35th birthday

Today is my 35th birthday.  5 years ago on my 30th birthday year we did an Ironman triathlon.  It was really fun and we were really fit.  But this year, my 35th year, I believe is going to be my healthiest year yet.     


I am calling it my "year of health"....and it includes even more fitness than when I was 30.  I want to experience more spiritual fitness -- specifically more silence and solitude for communion with the Lord.  I want to experience more emotional fitness - more gratitude and more grace.  I want to experience more physical fitness - I am training for two half-marathon trail races this year.  


For years, Heidi wakes up early on my birthday to set out picture of my past which represent stories worth remembering.  It was striking how many were pictures of me in the mountains, on dates, at church, and with friends - these are the things of health.

Please pray for me that this year is my healthiest year yet!

These are good days     



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like