Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Play Hooky = awesome

When I was growing up.....my life was urban.  I didn't know that the mountains were at the edge of the city...and just beyond Fresno's last stoplight was an adventure waiting to happen.  Living in Vancouver British Columbia...and having adventure-mentors like Jay, Trevor, Dave, Steve, Dan, Oliver and others taught me how to LOOK for adventure and PURSUE it.

The lesson to look for and pursue adventure continues to be an enduring axiom.  

Fresno has been in a terrible drought....which has resulted in the worst snow year in 40 years.  The local ski hill has been closed all winter....except for this last weekend after a HUGE snow apocalypse.

Our desire to look for and pursue adventure meant that sometimes it's OK to play hooky from school and take the kids for some "outdoor education".  I can't tell you how rewarding it is for me to ride with my oldest two on a ski lift and ski a thousand feet down the mountain side by side.  I'm FILLED WITH JOY!      


I asked Elizabeth...."why do you like skiing?"  She simply said, "I feel happy."  That's an important lesson in life...take time to do the things that make you happy! 




Look for and pursue adventure.
....do that, and joy is right around the corner.
These are good days.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like