Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Workin...

Ya know....

It's such a privilege...doing what we do. Such a cool privilege.

To care for others (and be cared for...and my students care for me...a broken man being mended by God)...to mentor, lead, encourage, challenge, equip, and discipline.

It NEVER gets old.

We are pastors to students.

Junior High students -- High School students -- College students

I used to think, "Workin' for a church is a sucky job"...."especially working as a pastor to students"...."youth pastor jobs are stepping stone jobs until you get something better"....

But...I just realized something...including the ministry I did full-time before coming to Vancouver...this is my 6th year of student ministry...

...and ya know, I could do it for another 6. Without a doubt. Oh how I've been changed...

Student ministry is the most exciting, rewarding, challenging adventure I have ever particpated in. Harder than any mountain, rock face, marathon etc...

There is SO much for God to do....

It's cool to work alongside the wounded healer...as a wounded healer.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like