Friday, January 29, 2010

Pregnancy Bod

Well, getting back into shape is not easy, that's for sure. It was actually easier to be fit when I was pregnant. It's such a slow recovery post delivery....which is challenging for people like Joe and I. Nothing we do is....slow.

But slow it must be. Listening to your body is important. And, it is coming along. We are starting to climb again, train, run, and dream of adventures.

We went to the gym the other night. Elizabeth slept the entire time we were there! It was a busy night at the gym, but we just put her in her car seat, and put her in the middle of the climbing gym...with all the noise around, and she never woke up once. People were chuckling about it. I suppose it's not too often that you see a baby sleeping at a climbing gym. Well, they better get used to it...


In other news...Joseph has been asking the question recently, "what does it really mean to become a good dad?" It's an ongoing conversation he's having with a lot of people who have kids. It was funny though, because this morning, I caught him reading this:

I laughed out loud...not sure if this is the answer he is looking for.

5 comments:

Vanessa Smith said...

Too funny! And if you two are "slow going" with recovering...well then I don't know what you call me! I am amazed by you Heidi.

heidi.janeen.white@gmail.com said...

Thanks Vanessa! I found that being active through my pregnancy has shortened my postpartum recovery. Plus...just getting out everyday reminds me that the world is still going on outside of the baby bubble I seem to be living in at the moment.

Unknown said...

I just laughed out loud. It felt strange, but I liked it. Y'all are great!

Unknown said...

Oh, I should say I was laughing about the baby-raising picture tip-chart. I think you two are probably doing just fine without those great tips.

joseph.david.white@gmail.com said...

Thanks David....always glad to make you LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like