Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rest...

As I sit here...I think about what God has taught me.
My mind feels slow. I don't like that.

But my mind isn't slow because I'm dumb (much to my friend's surprise)...something else is going on.
It's as if the dialogue between my mind and heart goes something like this:

mind: "mourn, grieve, reflect, don't give up thinking, remember Him and remember him"

heart: "mind, stop it! give yourself a break, I don't work as fast as you, I need rest"

I once heard that our hearts are fragile
...and I can't just shove my head into my heart. So, what we do is place words on top of our heart and wait for God to break our hearts to let the words fall in.

So, to let my heart rest, I hiked with my family.

For me, there's nothing like a good hike which makes my heart sing, "Oh Lord our Lord how majestic is your name in all the earth..." (Ps. 8). This is the type of heart rest that leads to love.


Jesus instructed us to, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart ...and with all your mind." (Luke 10:27)

Is there something you need to do, to let your heart rest and lead you to love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine from high school who I haven't seen since 1984 posted Jamie's obituary on her FB wall. What a small world. Jamie's father was her pastor in DC and I think she said they were neighbours until Jamie moved out west. I think it's a small world- and God's family is so big. When these revelations happen- when I realize that someone knows someone I know I always give thanks to God that he binds us together. Glad to hear you are having timewith family. Blessings on you.-Joan Jung

joseph.david.white@gmail.com said...

WOW WOW WOW. Thanks for sharing that Joan! What a crazy small world indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like