Saturday, May 29, 2010

Trip Report: Hiking - Black Mountain

Decided to wake up super early....hike...get the legs moving....get some elevation in the lungs

We decided to do Black Mountain in West Vancouver. It's only about a 30 minute drive from our house. It's entirely on a trail...and we only hit snow on the last bit.

All in all, we walked 17km - gained 3700 feet elevation - in just over 5 hours.


Eagle Bluff....in a cloud

hit snow....only a few feet of it..and it was hard-packed and icy. Gaiters were helpful....but we were glad we didn't bring snowshoes.

summit shot!

we got a few breaks in the clouds on the way down...which was nice.

all in all....a nice morning out.

But....on the way down....I slipped on a wet rock...and broke a nail (insert jokes here)....actually....i ripped a good chunk of it off and got a few gashes on my left hand and my left leg is bruised....oh well. Nothing serious really...I guess I just can't use my left hand for that modeling gig I was planning on.

so....I'm going to classify this hike as "extreme walking" for future reference

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like