Monday, June 21, 2010

Do you have goals?...

Do you set goals for yourself? Goals like....attaining a level of fitness by a certain month. Or goals around your desired achievements in your work? Or goals which have to do with relationships you foster? Or goals for yourself in stuff which has to get done around the house?

Are you a goal setter? I am. I always have been. Mostly, goal setting has been a valuable tool which has kept me moving forward in life.

Lately though, there have been a few goals which I've fallen short of. Has this happened to you? Times when you didn't achieve what you set out to achieve. How do you respond? My initial response is to feel an overwhelming sense of "stuck." How do you deal with "stuck"?

A favorite print of mine...is from a man named Ross Taylor.

This picture was taken in 1917 in an underground mineshaft.
The horse was totally blind as were all such horses, due to a lifetime in darkness.


Ross Taylor writes, "Often, when I have been discouraged and despondent beyond words, I have looked at this picture and said to myself, "I will pull it one more mile."

How do we deal with stuck? Keep pressing slowly forward.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like