Friday, November 5, 2010

The spirit....

I woke up 
early
and went for a walk to the temple
Starbucks
I noticed that as I walked
leaves were being pushed
by the wind
along the sidewalk
in the direction in which I walked

I thought
"dude, must be nice for those leaves to be pushed"


I remembered
that the word in hebrew for spirit
רוח (ruach)
means spirit, breath, wind

I heard 
God say
"I've filled you with my ruach"

I exclaimed 
you push me like those leaves!
I'm compelled by your spirit!
I'm filled with your breath!
I'm pushed by your wind!

and now as I drink my coffee
I am challenged 
to memorize and remember
Job 33:4

"The Spirit of God has made me; 

the breath of the Almighty gives me life"




4 comments:

Steven Gomez said...

Very cool. Need some of that now.

joseph.david.white@gmail.com said...

memorize that verse with me Steve!

jameson baggins said...

well done brother! Now, a benediction for the end of your post:

"may i apply this same literary skill to the project my brother and I embarked on in a similar Vancouver coffee shop"

our time has come, we'll be done by summer! ;)

xoxoxo

joseph.david.white@gmail.com said...

good thinkin' jameson....let's do it by summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like