Sunday, January 4, 2015

6 Days Left - Spending time with people we love



Every day of our lives for the past few weeks have been spent with people we love.  Every day, all day, every meal...for weeks.  It's strange that when you know that your time is limited, every interaction and every opportunity to spend time with the people you love is extra special.

Tonight we are spending time with friends in Washington…an older couple that reminds to keeping following Jesus.

I wish my whole life were like this -- to cherish every friend and to invest in every moment you spend with the people you love.  

But often "busyness" (which really means "I establish my identity in my performance")  and the worries of this life crowd out intimate friendships.  This is a tragedy.

I've learned in the last few weeks that we are deeply loved and the many friends we have are more than simply "people who know us"….they are Jesus' presence in our lives.

Every true friend is a reminder that Jesus loves you.


1 comment:

Tara E said...

Appreciate you blogging thiis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like