Sunday, January 11, 2015

First day in America.


It wasn't really the "welcome to America" we were expecting.

After a snafu at the border, now delayed 3 hours into our first day of travel down to California, we were incredibly hungry.  We entered the drive thru at McDonalds (don't judge….we ordered salads) and waited for our turn to pull up to the order station.  The car in front of us finished their order and pulled away from the station, but not nearly far enough to leave us room to pull ahead and order.  So I tapped my horn to alert them to pull forward a tad to allow us to make an order.

Minutes passed, and all of the sudden the passenger of the car in front of us exited his car in a rage.  He was mad that we "honked at his girlfriend" who was driving.  I barely had enough time to lock our doors.  He approached our car, punched our window and pulled on our door handle and begged me to come outside at fight him.  He screamed, "Don't ever honk at me", he said.  He cussed us out, called us everything he could to get us to get out of the car "and settle this his way".

We just stared at him quietly.  

He didn't get the reaction he wanted….and he only got more furious….yelling a few more things to us and our kids before getting back into his car and driving away.

Heidi said quietly, "I'm scared for his girlfriend."

As I thought about all the things he said to us and our kids…I wondered if that's what our Enemy (Ephesians 6:12) is saying to us as we enter new chapter of ministry in the Jackson Neighborhood.  I'm convinced there is an Enemy who hates us more than that man ever could.

….and I hope our enemy knows we won't settle this his way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like