Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sleep little girl...


nighty night, my little one
I can see, your day is done
sleep and dream your cares away
tomorrow is another day

toys will wait, upon the floor
till you come, and play some more
sand man's coming sleepy head
so snuggle in your bed

tiny feet, have traveled far
across the world today
been to China, Zanzibar
and over Erin's Way

so nighty night, my little one
I can see, your day is done
sleep and dream your cares away
and nighty nighty night

-words and music by by great grandma
--a song sung to me by my parents and a song we now sing to Elizabeth


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Beth said...

She is so long, and with plump rosy cheeks.
What a delightful picture, with familiar words to match! Thanks Heidi.

Vanessa Smith said...

Darling.

Unknown said...

Correction: should be Erin's way (Ireland)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You May Also Like